Sunday, November 11, 2007

Interview + Nomination

I turned in my application for the Peace Corps with all letters of rec online on October 30th.

Recruiter calls me next day to set up an interview for Friday, November 9.

At the end of my interview with Lindsay in Los Angeles, I got nominated! When I got home, she'd already emailed me with a placement in mind for me:

You were nominated on November 9, 2007 to an assignment in Secondary Education English Teaching in the Central Asia Region. Anticipated departure date is Early July, 2008.

I'm thrilled as teaching in Central Asia was my top choice.

But who knows where I'll actually end up because it's actually the placement officer's job to choose my area and task. But anywhere else doing something else is okay too :)

Currently waiting for my medical packet to arrive. Should take about one month, unfortunately.

No comments: